[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Error message in saving record

Jacob, Diane B. JacobDB at vmi.edu
Wed Mar 26 11:47:13 EDT 2014

I'm having trouble saving a record.  This occurred after I was adding two instances - one physical, and one digital object.  I added the digital object first, saved the record, and all was well.  After I added the second instance, I received the error.  I have deleted the record and created it again, but the same pattern occurs.  Can someone help explain what's happening here?

translation missing: en.no key - translation missing: en.validation_errors.database_integrity_constraint_conflict__java__commysqljdbcexceptionsjdbc4__mysqlintegrityconstraintviolationexception__cannot_delete_or_update_a_parent_row__a_foreign_key_constraint_fails_(`archivesspaceram`.`instance_do_link_rlshp`__constraint_`instance_do_link_rlshp_ibfk_2`_foreign_key_(`instance_id`)_references_`instance`_(`id`))

Thanks, Diane

Diane B. Jacob
Head, Archives & Records Management
Virginia Military Institute