[Archivesspace_Users_Group] construct unique ref IDs

Ben Goldman bmg17 at psu.edu
Fri Mar 14 10:15:26 EDT 2014

Thanks!

----- Original Message -----

From: "Chris Fitzpatrick" <Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org>
To: "archivesspace users group" <archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 5:40:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] construct unique ref IDs

Hi Ben,

Yes, the refid rules have been implemented as a plugin. The documentation is here :

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/tree/master/plugins/refid_rules

So, to enable this, edit the config/config.rb file to load the plugin (about line 102) :

AppConfig[:plugins] = ['refid_rules', 'local']

Then, define the rule that you want to use in the config/config.rb.

For example:

AppConfig[:refid_rule] = "<%= repository['repo_code'] %>_<%= resource['formatted_id'] %>_<%= SecureRandom.hex %>"

This is using a templating languaged call ERB, so you can call variables with-in a <%= %> block. You can do something like:

AppConfig[:refid_rule] = "Bananas_<%= SecureRandom.hex %>"

Which would generate a RefID like "Bananas_" + a randomly generated hexadecimal.

Does this make sense?

Let me know if you have any questions...

best, chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | chris.fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Developer, ArchivesSpace
http://archivesspace.org/