[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Customizing public interface

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Fri Jun 13 14:01:52 EDT 2014

Hi Scott,

Not a stupid question at all...

ArchivesSpace follows the Rails convertions for organizing models, views, controllers, assets, etc.

That said...

There are two ways to customize the interface...the easiest is to add overrides to the plugins/locals directory.

For example, if you wanted to customize the basic layout file, you would put your updated customized erb file in plugins/local/public/app/views/layouts/application.html.erb.

Some documentation on plugins can be found here => https://github.com/hudmol/archivesspace/tree/master/plugins

A good tutorial on ASpace plugins can be found here http://teaspoon-consulting.com/articles/archivesspace-plugins.html

If you want to do a lot of customization, it might be easier to simply pull down the ASpace source code ( https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace ) and rebuild it it ( https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/build/README.md ).

Does this give you some ideas about the process?

b,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/