[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Location of finding aids

Jaime Margalotti jmargalo at udel.edu
Thu Jun 12 10:24:35 EDT 2014

Hi Patti,

Even if you need to act before the built-in Aspace solutions are ready, you
definitely have options.  It can be as straightforward as transforming your
exported EAD with XSLT to generate HTML and placing it in a public
directory with index on your library's website. SAA's EAD Roundtable has
links to help with transformations and sample stylesheets here:
http://www2.archivists.org/groups/encoded-archival-description-ead-roundtable/resources-maintained-by-eadrt
I expect any XSLT you find will need tweaking, but you can reach out to
folks in the EAD and tech communities if you run into difficulty.

While it still involves creating/modifying an appropriate stylesheet, you
can also choose a more robust in-house option.  As part of our transition
to ArchivesSpace, we will also be uploading our EAD finding aids into a
local implementation of XTF.  It's which is what powers the Online Archive
of California (and many others).  Links to these implementations are here:
http://xtf.cdlib.org/xtf/

Good luck!
Jaime

-

Jaime L. Margalotti
Senior Assistant Librarian
Manuscripts and Archives Department University of Delaware Library
Newark, DE  19717-5267
302-831-0554jmargalo at udel.edu