[Archivesspace_Users_Group] <unitdate> import errors

Jaime Margalotti jmargalo at udel.edu
Tue Jun 10 12:46:37 EDT 2014

I was just about to start an email describing what Michael Shallcross at
University of Michigan said about <unitdate> import errors.

We jumped from 1.0.0 to 1.0.9 and had the same issue with <unitdate>
appearing in titles.  We have previously encoded our <unitdate> within our
<unittitle>, which likely accounts for this problem.  However, older
versions of ASpace were able to deal with that valid (if not currently
preferred) method of encoding.  It is happening at all component levels,
not just the collection title.

Thanks!
Jaime

> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 12:34:24 -0400
> From: Michael Shallcross <shallcro at umich.edu>
> To: archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org
> Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] <unitdate> import errors
>
> Greetings, all; the container listings in our legacy EADs regularly employ
> the <unitdate> element as the child (rather than sibling) of <unittitle>:
>
> <unittitle>President, Incoming and Outgoing, <unitdate
> type="inclusive">1970-1971</unitdate></unittitle>
>

> While testing with 1.0.7, these seemed to import just fine .  After
> upgrading to 1.0.9, we discovered that while the dates are correctly
> imported, they also appear in the title (with EAD tags), thusly:
>
> Constitution and Bylaws, Ann Arbor Civic Forum, <unitdate
> type="inclusive">1950</unitdate>
>

> Anyone else experience something similar?  Could this be an issue with the
> EAD importer?
>
> Thanks!  (screenshot also included below)
>

> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> --
> Michael Shallcross, CA
> Digital Curation Division
> Bentley Historical Library
> University of Michigan
> 1150 Beal Ave.
> Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2113 U.S.A.
> shallcro at umich.edu
> 734.936.1344
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/pipermail/archivesspace_users_group/attachments/20140610/a093b9cf/attachment.html

Jaime L. Margalotti
Senior Assistant Librarian
Manuscripts and Archives Department University of Delaware Library
Newark, DE  19717-5267
302-831-0554jmargalo at udel.edu