[Archivesspace_Users_Group] FW: search behavior WAS Filtering in Accessions

Schaefer, Sibyl SSchaefer at rockarch.org
Wed Jul 16 15:18:24 EDT 2014

Ed and Kari:

Chris sent some info out on configuring Solr a while ago – see below.

Sibyl Schaefer
Asst. Director, Head of Digital Programs
Rockefeller Archive Center

From: Chris Fitzpatrick <Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org<mailto:Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org>>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 09:39:56 -0400
To: Archivesspace Users Group <archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org<mailto:archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org>>
Subject: Re: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] search behavior

Hi everyone,

Just some quick technical notes on search...

As you know, ArchivesSpace uses Solr for search indexing. It's pretty flexible, so you can always configure it to do things like use a specific operator or boost certain field values. You can see the documentation to do this here:

ArchivesSpace uses the generic /select request handler, which you can edit in the solr_config.xml ( https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/solr/solrconfig.xml )

Here's the documentation on how to do that:

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SearchHandler?action=show&redirect=StandardRequestHandler

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtendedDisMax  ( used in most queries to AS )

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax ( used in some of the advanced searches )

​

Currently, you can do use operators like "AND", "OR", "NOT", wildcard ( using * ), and fielded search ( "title:vard")  in the search box. Or you can use the Advanced Search box.

The LCNAF plugin is querying OCLC's service, so it is not being handled by ArchivesSpace's solr, and there is a ticket for it here =>

https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68863168

The query was not optimal, so we have done some work to improve it. This will be included in the next release, or you can upgade your plugin now using the code in github ( https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/tree/master/plugins/lcnaf )

Let me know if you have any other questions...

best, chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | chris.fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org<mailto:chris.fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org>
Developer, ArchivesSpace
http://archivesspace.org/