[Archivesspace_Users_Group] [archivesspace] Clarification on Changes to Public Theme and Templates

Kari R Smith smithkr at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 13 17:11:15 EST 2014

Chris thanks for moving the thread ... I realized I was posting to the wrong group after I pushed 'send.'  Thanks for the URL.  Will check this out tomorrow.

Kari

From: archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org [mailto:archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org] On Behalf Of Prom, Christopher John
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 5:09 PM
To: archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org ()
Subject: Re: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] [archivesspace] Clarification on Changes to Public Theme and Templates

Kari,

I am moving this thread over the users group, since it is more appropriate there (the google group is mostly for install questions.)

Instructions on customizing the output are shown in the readme for the plugins folder:

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/tree/master/plugins

If I understand correctly, whatever is put in the plugins/local folder there will override the default, once the local plugin is enabled in the config file.

The override files would be structured as noted in the instructions.  You can put in stylesheets and branding (which is similar to Archon's themes in the local/public/assets folder and templates in the local/public/views.

This is not something I have done as of yet, so perhaps someone can add more specificity.  But I will be investigating further in the very near future.  I plan to start by taking the defaults from the appropriate locations in the app, then pasting them into the plugins/local folder to customize.

Chris Prom