[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Capacity of the packaged (testing) version on ArchivesSpace?

Kari R Smith smithkr at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 13 09:17:00 EST 2014

We will be doing assessment of ArchivesSpace at MIT and I would like to ask the collective wisdom about installing either the package version (with limited database capacity) or the full install with separate SQL database.

1.       We are considering migrating (using the AT-ArchivesSpace migration tool) a sample set of real data from AT.  This might be a set of 10-20 accession records, 10-20 resource records (some very large), names, places, etc.

2.       Would the testing version work as well as the full SQL version for testing the mapping, performance, tweaking, etc. of data?

If you have done this analysis I would like to talk with you about your choice and decision-making process.  If there is capacity load information for the packaged (testing) version, I would be glad to have it pointed out to me.

Thanks much!

We are looking forward to our assessment and migration planning activities and plan to share our experiences back out to the ArchivesSpace community.

Kari

Kari R. Smith, Digital Archivist
MIT Libraries, Institute Archives and Special Collections
617-258-5568  |   smithkr (at) mit.edu
http://libraries.mit.edu/archives/