[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD Import - cryptic error messages

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Wed Feb 19 03:25:00 EST 2014

Hey Noah,

Yes, the EAD import errors are rather uninformative. A big problem is that schema valid EAD is sometimes not compliant to the AS model. There's a big range of variance that is allowed in the EAD schema, so we're still working on getting all the import mappings right.

Would it be possible for you to email me your EAD file zipped up? I can take a look and see what's going on. ?

b,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | chris.fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Developer, ArchivesSpace
http://archivesspace.org/