[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Resource Record Sorting?

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Fri Feb 7 12:45:57 EST 2014

Hi Sara,

I don't have answers to either of your questions, unfortunately, but I think that both requests makes sense (especially since both functions were available in the AT).

One function that I wish that the AT had (which would address your second question), would be the ability to easily change the import and export mappings.  This would definitely be nice with ArchivesSpace, too, and I would love if ArchivesSpace had the built-in ability to post-process the XML export with an XSLT file (or a series of those transformations, via XProc).  One huge potential benefit:  it would allow you to produce EAD3 files out of ArchivesSpace pretty darn easily (and soon after the standard is finalized!), but still retain the ability to export EAD2002.

In any event, even without having this functionality built-in to the web framework, you could still post-process your ArchivesSpace EAD files to include enumerated components.  Here's a style sheet that will do just that (do note, though, that this transformation could definitely be written more succinctly, but as it is, it should be pretty self-explanatory): https://github.com/fordmadox/EAD-2-EAD/blob/master/components-c01andc/EAD-Unnumbered-2-Numbered_components.xsl

Mark