[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Bug Encountered with Deploying ArchivesSpace with LDAP

Brad Westbrook brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
Thu Feb 6 18:36:51 EST 2014

Good evening , folks.

A user reported earlier today that for ArchivesSpace v. 1.0.2 and after and deployed with LDAP configured, a user can login with only a name and blank password.

This is a bug.  We recommend that the ArchivesSpace application not be deployed into production with LDAP until we issue a fix for this problem.  We expect to do so within the next two weeks.

If you have already deployed ArchivesSpace into production with LDAP, we will also be issuing a patch.

Let us know if you have questions.

Brad W.

Bradley D. Westbrook
Program Manager