[Archivesspace_Users_Group] FW: Public Components not loading on public resource under prefix

Christine DiBella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Mon Dec 8 11:42:17 EST 2014

Forwarded on behalf of Sarah Reid.

From: Reid, Sarah N. [mailto:reid.419 at osu.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 8, 2014 11:37 AM
To: archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org
Subject: Public Components not loading on public resource under prefix

Hi,

We had an issue with the Components section not loading when viewing a record from the Public side of ArchivesSpace.
The Components section just had a continual loading icon.
[cid:F988270F-B027-4BDA-B365-09F10414AF2E]
After some troubleshooting, I found that it was because our version of ArchivesSpace is running under a prefix, and the URL gathering the Components data was missing a forward-slash after our prefix.
Here's what the failing URL looked like, which was missing the '/' after 'collectionguides' https://library.osu.edu/collectionguidestree?uri=%2Frepositories%2F5%2Fresources%2F10.

I was able to find the javascript responsible for building the URL and add a forward-slash to fix our local instance for now.

Before I totally commit to that fix, though, I was wondering if there were there any steps I may have missed for building ArchivesSpace under a prefix that would fix this? Or is this a bug that could be fixed for future releases?

Thanks,

Sarah

[cid:A9F74B0F-55C0-40B8-B1D8-C3419B88DDCC]
Sarah Reid
Systems Developer / Engineer
The Ohio State University Libraries Information Technology
320E 18th Avenue Library, 175 W 18th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
reid.419 at osu.edu<mailto:reid.419 at osu.edu> library.osu.edu<http://library.osu.edu/>