[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Validation errors preventing migration of data to ArchivesSpace

Nathan Stevens ns96 at nyu.edu
Mon Dec 1 10:10:05 EST 2014

Also, the option
<https://docs.google.com/a/nyu.edu/document/d/1Uj2qKtSKLGMm1VPDmDtuNG4eL8zgAJNhOHc93j0S7TE/pub>
to specify no refids is "-refid_none", not "refid_none" (notice the "-"),
so this will likely cause the errors you seeing since the migration plugin
will just use the default setting of generating random ref_ids if it
doesn't understand the option.

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 1:05 AM, Megan Williams <MWILLIAM at nla.gov.au> wrote:

>  We are in the midst of migrating our data (tight timeframe, of course)
> from Archivists’ Toolkit 2.0.0 Update 15 to ArchivesSpace 1.1.0.  We are
> using both the migration plugin and the refid plugin, and have encountered
> validation errors that prevent most of our resource records from migrating.
>

> As per advice from Nathan Steven, we are using the refid plugin with the
> option of “refid_none” to ensure that no refids are copied and that
> ArchivesSpace assigns new ones instead.
>

> The following config changes were made in the ArchivesSpace v1.1.0 config
> file for loading the "refid_rules" plugin:
>

> AppConfig[:refid_rule] = "<%= repository['repo_code'] %>_<%=
> resource['formatted_id']  %>_<%= SecureRandom.hex %>"
>
> ## Plug-ins to load. They will load in the order specified
>
> AppConfig[:plugins] = ['refid_rules']
>

> Post-migration we found that most of our resource records had not
> migrated.  The migration error log is attached; the errors appear to be
> primarily validation errors relating to "refids", i.e.:
>

> {"errors": ["Server error: #<:ValidationException:
> :errors=>{\"ref_id\"=>[\"Did not match regular expression:
> \\\\A[a-zA-Z0-9\\\\-_:\\\\.]*\\\\z\"]}}>"],"saved": []}
>

> We were previously able to migrate all of our resources in an earlier
> trial migration to ArchivesSpace version 1.0.7.1 using the default
> migration settings on the migration plugin (without the refid plugin).
>

> Any ideas/advice on where we went wrong would be greatly appreciated!
>

> Many thanks
>

> Megan
>

> *Megan Williams* *|* A/g Assistant Curator *|* Pictures & Manuscripts
> Branch *|* National Library of Australia* |* Canberra ACT 2600 *| *w:
> www.nla.gov.au

Nathan Stevens
Programmer/Analyst
Digital Library Technology Services