[Archivesspace_Users_Group] tutorial on ArchivesSpace's use of Pivotal Tracker and development roadmap?

Christine Di Bella cdibella at ias.edu
Thu Apr 17 12:25:08 EDT 2014

Given that many issues we users note here have been noted previously by
project team members, it would be really helpful to hear from Brad and
others on the ArchivesSpace team about how members and other ArchivesSpace
users can look up and "read" stories in Pivotal Tracker and determine
whether an issue is being actively addressed. For example, it looks like
the stories on search that Chris Prom submitted are all in the "Icebox"
and presumably not being actively worked on. What goes into determining
priorities and how are the different categories being used by the
ArchivesSpace team?

It would also be great to be able to understand what's intended for
near-term and longer term releases. I'm admittedly confused by all the
different release candidates listed in Pivotal Tracker for 1.0.9 and could
use a primer on that, but I'm also very interested in knowing what's
prioritized for the future and how that has been determined.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I really want ArchivesSpace to
succeed and I fully recognize that it's only a small team for whom this is
a full-time job. The more you can help us to navigate the information
available - and to do our part to make sure it's recorded when something
is really important to us - the more we can hopefully help that happen.
Thanks in advance!

Best,

Christine

Christine Di Bella
Archivist
Shelby White and Leon Levy Archives Center
Institute for Advanced Study
Einstein Drive
Princeton, NJ  08540
Email :  <mailto:cdibella at ias.edu> cdibella at ias.edu