[Archivesspace_uac] April UAC Updates

Regina Carra rcarra at folkartmuseum.org
Fri Apr 7 11:38:31 EDT 2023

Hello everyone,
I have some UAC updates for the month of April

1. *Reminder*
There will be no UAC meeting this month. The meeting originally scheduled
for April 18 is *cancelled. *Instead, Suzanne is hosting a casual
(voluntary) coffee hour call on Friday April 21 at 1pm Eastern. You should
have received an email about this. Here's the zoom link in case you need
it:
https://lyrasis.zoom.us/j/81938735070?pwd=UitWYjJYbDk0eWlaeVF6RGYxaGd1Zz09

We hope to see you there. TAC and Program Team members are invited.

2. *Remember to sign up*
There is a GitHub training
<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=F667FAD1-4FB4-ED11-80FF-00155D0A2732>
available to Council members on May 11th at 2pm Eastern. You should have
received an email about this with directions and a special code you can use
to sign-up for free.
This is a general GitHub training, however the instructor would like to
hear from participants if there are specific questions or topics you want
covered in the session. Please email me or Christine Di Bella if you have
suggestions.

3. *Nominations*
The call for nominations for Board and Council positions just went out this
past week. Feel free to distribute to your networks. Please email me and
Suzanne if you have any questions or need the text of the announcement
again.

4. *Roster change*
Eden Orelove has stepped down from UAC to pursue a new position at a
non-ArchivesSpace member institution. Many, many thanks to Eden for her
work on User Docs and for agreeing to stay involved in Council until after
this week's Online Forum, where she presented for the sub-team. Best of
luck Eden!

5. *Kudos!*
And finally kudos and thanks all around to the Councils for participating
in this year's Online Member Forum. It was very cool to see both current
and former members on the schedule this year. It's particularly awesome to
see the Discussion Session portion of the Forum be embraced as an annual
event by Council members and the member community at large. Cheers to
Metadata Standards, Tech Docs, and User Docs for excellent presentations.
And thank you to everyone who came and participated.

...I think that's it!
Please let me know if you have questions about anything above.
I will send a reminder beforehand, but our next meeting will be May 16th.

Until then, please take care!
Best,
Regina

--
*Regina Carra **(she/her/hers)*
Rapaport Archivist

*https://folkartmuseum.org/ <https://folkartmuseum.org/>*
Administrative Office, Archives, and Collection Center
47-29 32nd Place
Long Island City, NY 11101