[Archivesspace_uac] ArchivesSpace Update - February 2022

Jessica Crouch Jessica.Crouch at lyrasis.org
Mon Feb 28 11:52:56 EST 2022

   [cid:image001.jpg at 01D7E600.7FF2B540]

Upcoming Schedule at a Glance:

March 4: Take a Break with ArchivesSpace returns<https://archivesspace.org/archives/7294>

March 8: SNAC Cooperative Presentation on the ArchivesSpace/SNAC plugin<https://virginia.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEqdeuvpz4vGtOv65JpTcaOjQUO9nEPWSrD> (co-sponsored event)

March 21-22: ArchivesSpace 4th annual Online Forum<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/3036282881/ArchivesSpace+Online+Forum+2022>

March 23: Submissions due for the ArchivesSpace Inclusive Examples Project<https://archivesspace.org/archives/7309>

Development

ArchivesSpace is announcing the availability of v3.2.0. You can download it at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/.

This release marks the previously announced transition to external Solr. Links to documentation, a tutorial video, and other information are available at https://archivesspace.org/archives/7151.

Beyond external Solr, there are several items to note in the release:

  *   The Smithsonian worked with Hudson Molonglo to improve the ARKs feature. The scope of the work is described at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/pull/2437.
  *   There is a new custom reports feature that was worked on by several developers, including former Tech Lead Laney McGlohon.
  *   Other highlights include small improvements to the spreadsheet importers, a new page within the application for downloading templates, and various small bug fixes and features prioritized by the Development Prioritization sub-team.

Thanks to all of the community members who contributed code for this release: Andrew Morrison, Blake Carver, Dean Farrell, Jacob Shelby, James Bullen, Laney McGlohon, Lora Woodford, Mario Terranova, Mark Triggs, Michael Glanznig, Payten Giles, and Saron Tran. As always, program team members Brian Hoffman and Mark Cooper, as well as contractors Manny Rodriguez and Brian Zelip, wrote and/or reviewed substantial code for the release. Thanks also to our community groups, especially the Testing sub-team, for their efforts.

More information about what’s in the release and the link to download it are at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases. Information on upgrading to a new version of ArchivesSpace is available at https://archivesspace.github.io/tech-docs/administration/upgrading.html.

This is the fall 2021 release from the roadmap<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/2634973195/Roadmap+as+of+January+2022> that was originally projected for December. Items that were projected for this release that did not make it in have been shifted to future releases.

Take a Break with ArchivesSpace returns March 4

Whether you’ve continued to work from home, have returned to the office, or find yourself stuck somewhere in the middle, we could all use a break.  In that spirit, ArchivesSpace will be reinstating our popular casual zoom open calls on Fridays. With a welcoming and robust member community all over the world, ArchivesSpace can offer camaraderie and relaxation, no matter the current state of the world.

Beginning next Friday, March 4th, we will have casual open calls via zoom at 12pm ET each Friday. We won’t be developing agendas or presentations for these calls. We just want to provide an opportunity to connect, chat and recharge. Use this as a time to get help or talk about ArchivesSpace (or anything else) in an informal setting or just have a beverage with other ArchivesSpace users during this stressful time.

Whether you can attend once or plan to be there every Friday, these calls are open to everyone but registration is required to join.

Register to join any open call at https://lyrasis.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcldOGuqjotE9cNSaa6j45issVCKrEQKQYv

We seek to provide a welcoming, fun, and safe community experience for everyone. The full text of the code of conduct is available at https://archivesspace.org/archivesspace-code-of-conduct.

Please email ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org with any questions.

SNAC Cooperative Presentation Announcement: ArchivesSpace/SNAC plugin

[Posted on behalf of our colleagues at the SNAC cooperative]

The SNAC Cooperative is developing an ArchivesSpace plugin to facilitate efficient data exchange. An hour long presentation demonstrating the functional features of the plugin with following discussion is scheduled for March 8, 2022, 2:00pm ET/11:00am PT. The presenters will be Jason Jordan, software developer at the University of Virginia Library, and Daniel Pitti, director of the SNAC Cooperative.