[Archivesspace_uac] Western Archivists Regional Forum cancelled

Jessica Crouch Jessica.Crouch at lyrasis.org
Mon Mar 16 11:29:35 EDT 2020

Dear ArchivesSpace Members,

We are all taking precautionary measures to protect ourselves, our loved ones and our communities from COVID-19.  To that end, the ArchivesSpace Western Archivists Regional Forum scheduled for April 22, 2020, at the San Francisco Public Library will be cancelled.

While we are disappointed we will not be able to hold this forum, we hope to be able to bring a forum that reflects local users’ interests and activities to this region in the future.  We would like to thank the San Francisco Public Library for their willingness to host this event and their understanding during this difficult time. I would also like to personally thank the members of the Western Archivists Regional Forum planning team: Nancy Enneking of The Getty Center, Katherine Ets-Hokin of the San Francisco Public Library and Katie Rudolph from the Denver Public Library.  I am grateful for the work this team has already done behind the scenes to develop what would have been an outstanding community-driven forum. I would also like to thank all of you who have already reached out to volunteer to participate in the forum or expressed your intent to attend. We have a wonderful member community and I was looking forward to spending the day with all of you.

We encourage all ArchivesSpace users to join us for our Online Forum on May 18-21.  During a time when the status of many conferences is in flux and travel is inadvisable, we hope this Online Forum will offer an even better opportunity than usual for ArchivesSpace users to meet and share information with each other and the ArchivesSpace program team.  Visit the Online Forum wiki <https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/966688804/ArchivesSpace+Online+Forum+2020> to learn more about this event.  If you would like to participate in the Online Forum, we are accepting both session proposals and ideas for topics via this online form.<https://forms.gle/62ueHLbr1gYEEfxWA>

We will be sharing more information soon about ideas related to engaging with ArchivesSpace during this difficult time.  If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact the ArchivesSpace program team at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org>.

Thanks,
Jessica Dowd Crouch
Community Engagement Coordinator for ArchivesSpace
jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>
[page1image482511520]