[Archivesspace_uac] ArchivesSpace v2.7.1 now available

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Fri Feb 14 17:28:48 EST 2020

ArchivesSpace is announcing the availability of v2.7.1. You can download it at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v2.7.1.

This release contains program-led and community pull requests that provide feature enhancements, bug fixes, infrastructure improvements, and documentation updates. Items of note include the ability to merge container profiles, a new select all capability on browse pages, and accessibility improvements.

Thanks very much to community members Blake Carver, Mark Cooper, Alex Duryee, Chris Fitzpatrick, Jeremy Friesen, Brian Harrington, Peter Heiner, Adam Jazairi, Steve Majewski, Dave Mayo, Andrew Morrison, Tom Shorock, Douglas Simon, and Maura, and program team members Laney McGlohon, Lora Woodford, and Sarah Morrissey for their code contributions to this release. Welcome and thanks to new contractor Brian Zelip for his contributions. As always this release would not have been possible without the efforts of our Development Prioritization sub-team, Testing sub-team, Technical Documentation sub-team, and Core Committers Group.

I wanted to note that this will be the last release to come out under the guiding hand of Tech Lead Laney McGlohon. Thanks to Laney for all she's done for the ArchivesSpace application and community over the last three years. We will greatly miss you.

Information on upgrading to a new version of ArchivesSpace is available at http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/user/upgrading-to-a-new-release-of-archivesspace/. Please let us know if you have any questions or need help upgrading. While we are in the process of adjusting development plans to reflect staffing changes and will be updating the roadmap accordingly, we still expect to have releases later in the year that include finished work for a number of the projects currently in progress, including merging top containers, functionality for importing from spreadsheet files, and the expanded agents module. If your resources for upgrading ArchivesSpace to new releases are limited, you may want to wait to upgrade until later in the year, when these features are available.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>