[Archivesspace_uac] access to slack for ArchivesSpace Council work

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Mon Aug 10 14:18:33 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

Today in the TAC meeting it came up that some Council members or sub-teams may prefer to use Slack for certain kinds of communications. I mentioned that ArchivesSpace does have a slack workspace available for this purpose. Right now it's primarily used by developers working on the application, but it's also available for Council work for those who are interested. The guidelines for this slack are attached, but I'll call out a few points in particular:

  *   The ArchivesSpace slack is intended to facilitate communication between Archivesspace users, including members of the Advisory Councils, working groups, teams like the Core Committers and Training Corps and those spearheading community development projects.
  *   Anyone may request access to the ArchivesSpace slack workplace and communicate on public channels.  Invitations to join private channels will be extended at the request of the team leader for that channel.
  *   The ArchivesSpace slack is not intended to be a member support channel, to replace the ArchivesSpace user group listserv for community discussion, or to replace the ArchivesSpace wiki for meeting notes and documentation.
  *   ArchivesSpace program staff may or may not join these channels as appropriate and communication in an ArchivesSpace slack channel does not guarantee a response from the ArchivesSpace program team. Email will continue to be the best way to reach us for most types of communication.

Trevor suggested that TAC sub-teams decide on an individual basis whether or not they want to use the ArchivesSpace slack. This sounds like a good discussion item for groups as you ramp up activity for the year.

If and when groups decide they would like to use the ArchivesSpace slack for Council work, please contact me (christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>) and I or Jessica will send you an invitation. If you have other questions, please let me know.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>