[Archivesspace_uac] release candidate available - ArchivesSpace v2.4.0-RC1

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Thu May 31 18:02:14 EDT 2018

The ArchivesSpace team is pleased to announce a release candidate, v2.4.0-RC1. You can download it at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v2.4.0-RC1 or test it out without downloading at http://test.archivesspace.org/staff  (username admin /password admin).

This release candidate contains many program-led and community pull requests that provide feature enhancements, bug fixes, infrastructure improvements, and documentation updates. Some items of note include improvements to the search results screen in the staff interface (including new columns for identifier and result context for archival objects), updates to the mapping and new options for our built-in MARCXML exporter for resources, a new option to search subjects in the PUI, and updates to the French translations. There are also fixes to some bugs with permissions, the OAI-PMH responder, an erroneous error message in the PUI when using the back button with some browsers, and orphaned instance records being created when digital objects were deleted.

Thanks to the many community members who made contributions to this release, including both individual developers and our Development Prioritization sub-team, Testing sub-team, and Core Committers Group. The release notes give you a sense of just how many people are working alongside the program team to help make ArchivesSpace better. We so appreciate all of you.

Please try this release candidate out and let us know by June 6 at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> if you notice any problems with the specific areas that are addressed in this release, or if anything that was working before no longer is. Barring major issues, we expect to release 2.4.0 next week.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>