[Archivesspace_uac] Annual Member Forum – presentation ideas

Christine Kim Christine.Kim at lyrasis.org
Tue Jun 26 12:16:16 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

Would you like to present at the ASpace Annual Member Forum on August 14? Are you still brainstorming ideas? Here are some suggestions that were submitted through our ideas form<https://goo.gl/forms/6L9UsylUz5u2Ws5n1>:

  *   OAI: I’d like to hear how institutions are using the new OAI functionality. Harvesting into discovery layers?
  *   Wikidata and Archival Description: How might ArchivesSpace (both the community and the software) encourage more participation from archivists in their day-to-day work?
  *   Basic start up, installation: Where do I begin from scratch?
  *   Legacy metadata: I’d be interested in a discussion of getting legacy metadata in various formats into ArchivesSpace (as in, not AT or Archon migrations). I can speak specifically about getting from .csv files, access database into ArchivesSpace, and using/modifying Stead for local use ; bulk date normalized (a la Bentley’s process), dummy top containers, and just general quandaries. We could talk tools, developing a toolkit of resources broken out by skill level and tech support availability, or something? I’d also be interested in a discussion of bulk metadata work against the API, whether through ArchivesSnake or just generally.
  *   Agents and Subjects: I would like it if there was a discussion on Agents and Subjects, particularly in regards to how to properly form Agents and Subjects within ArchivesSpace or how others are defining how they create them within ArchivesSpace.

These are just a handful of ideas! You can turn any of these suggestions into a presentation, workshop, or discussion topic. Or, feel free to submit on something new altogether! Send your ideas through this submission/suggestion form<https://goo.gl/forms/6L9UsylUz5u2Ws5n1> by June 26 for priority consideration.

We would also love to encourage our friends and colleagues from the smaller institutions to present or lead discussions.

Please email me at christine.kim at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.kim at lyrasis.org> if you have any questions. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Kim

Christine Kim
ArchivesSpace Community Engagement Coordinator
christine.kim at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.kim at lyrasis.org>
800.999.8558 x4820
404.592.4820
Skype: ckim.lyrasis