[Archivesspace_uac] ArchivesSpace Open Community Call -- Feb 21 at 2pm ET (11am PT)

Christine Kim Christine.Kim at lyrasis.org
Thu Feb 15 13:18:36 EST 2018

Dear ArchivesSpace members,

Here’s a quick update on submitted topics for next week’s open community call:

Let's talk about...

  *   How do people implement events and how does it improve their work?
  *   Discuss PUI preferences jiras to poll community preferences

Can you help me with... ?

  *   1) Tips on searching on the Public Site. I sometimes feel that the results lead me to collections that don't have the information I'm looking for. 2)Also curious to know if anyone is cataloging artifacts or other individual items in ArchivesSpace
  *   Versioning/updating resources through batch import. Rather than having to upload a new record entirely and delete the old, have the ability to overwrite the previous version. Perhaps based on the identifier.

I have an idea!

  *   In Summer 2017 I wrote a blog about object management (www.nypl.org/blog/2017/07/06/lets-start-box). Shortly after writing this, Special Collections @ NYPL began discussing the possibility of using ASpace to fulfill our collection management needs. We formed a small working group that has met a few times over the phone and are working on a development proposal listing a narrative of work and user stories, which we hope to share with the greater ASpace community. We would like to use this call to talk a little bit about this work, and see if anyone is interested in joining our working group.

Have additional topics you’d like to add in? Please feel free to submit your suggestions on this survey: https://goo.gl/forms/nmWHXNFeVBG97AQ93. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you on Wednesday!