[Archivesspace_uac] Webinar Announcement: Varying Approaches to Testing ASpace Pre-Releases - Dec 14

Christine Kim Christine.Kim at lyrasis.org
Fri Dec 8 18:44:39 EST 2017

Unit Testing and the Testing Sub-Team: Varying Approaches to Testing ArchivesSpace Pre-Releases

When: Thursday, December 14, 2017
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. EST (10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. PST)
Where: Webinar at http://lyrasis.adobeconnect.com/rai0bzfc3h54/
Dial-in only option: 888-354-0094 - Access code is 731627
No registration required. The session is limited to the first 100 participants. Please feel free to host a webinar viewing group. The webinar will be recorded and available for viewing at a later date.

Webinar description:
Before we make any release or update widely available, we perform tests in every nook and cranny in ArchivesSpace. Testing applications plays an essential role in our workflow to ensure the application is growing in the right direction, and not breaking already functional working components. Join us on December 14 as we explore why testing is vital to our growth and process, as well as the testing methods our community implements to ensure new features and fixes are improvements. Alex and Miloche will share their experiences and insights on testing pre-release versions of ArchivesSpace. Please feel free to bring any questions you have.

Presenters:
Alexander Duryee (Metadata Archivist, New York Public Library) has been a major contributor in the ArchivesSpace Core Committers Group. He has taken a lead role to delve into test automation for ArchivesSpace releases. Alex will share how he runs unit testing so certain components of each release can be tested through automated commands.

Miloche Kottman (Head of Cataloging & Archival Processing, University of Kansas) is leading the Testing sub-team for ArchivesSpace. Once a pre-release version is available, Miloche and the Testing sub-team implement a workflow to run through basic functions inside ArchivesSpace, employing the diverse perspectives of archivists.  Miloche will share insight into how testing is carried out by the team before each release finally becomes available.

Who should attend:
Everyone interested in going behind the scenes of the application and learning how ArchivesSpace tests new features before releasing new versions.

Questions?
Please contact Kim at christine.kim at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.kim at lyrasis.org>