[Archivesspace_tac] Nominations sought for ArchivesSpace User Advisory Council

Nicholas Zmijewski zmijewski at industrialarchives.org
Mon Apr 25 15:09:29 EDT 2022

Hi All, just a reminder that we have a week to go before the nomination period ends. Please consider volunteering to get your feet we in this rewarding program.
Nick

The ArchivesSpace Governance Board is seeking nominations to fill up to five (5) vacancies on the ArchivesSpace User Advisory Council (UAC).

The User Advisory Council (https://archivesspace.org/governance-board-and-councils#UAC) is a critical part of the ArchivesSpace community, serving as a communication conduit between ArchivesSpace governance groups and ArchivesSpace users. UAC members have told us time and again that they find their service to be a fun and valuable way to apply their knowledge of ArchivesSpace and connect with other users around common issues and challenges.

Some of the activities UAC is currently engaged in are:

*         Reviewing user-submitted enhancements and priorities for the application, in collaboration with the User Advisory Council. (Development Prioritization<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/38502430/Development+Prioritization+Sub-Team>)

*         Conducting user-centered testing of the application prior to releases, in collaboration with the User Advisory Council. (Testing<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/38502432/Testing+Sub-Team>)

*         Maintaining and updating user documentation. (User Documentation<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/103258189/User+Documentation>)

*         Advocating on the usability and functionality of the application. (Usability<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/893714474/Usability>)

*         Coordinating member-centered activities like our peer-to-peer Member Match support program. (Member Engagement<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/1306394630/Member+Engagement>)

*         Advising the ArchivesSpace Governance Board and the ArchivesSpace Organizational Home on the design and delivery of services, such as community engagement and support services, technical support, and training.

Nominees should be presently employed at an ArchivesSpace member institution (please refer to the categorized member list at: http://archivesspace.org/community/whos-using-archivesspace/). As the community for a software application used in many different settings, we seek diverse voices in working to improve ArchivesSpace and support those who use or may benefit from using it. We especially encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, and others currently less represented in our governance groups to consider joining us in these important leadership roles.

The anticipated time commitment for each appointee is expected to be two hours per week on average.

The term of service will be July 1, 2022-June 30, 2025.

To nominate a candidate for the ArchivesSpace User Advisory Council, please submit this form at https://forms.gle/DkDnb2NLRBgy3ecJA. The Nominating Committee will review all nominations and recommend appointments to the Governance Board for approval.

Nominations must be received by 9:00 p.m. EDT on Friday April 29th. Please contact Christine Di Bella, ArchivesSpace Program Manager, at christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org> or any member of the Nominating Committee with questions.

Thank you for your participation in this important process, which is an essential part of our identity and operations as a community-based software organization.

Respectfully,

Nicholas Zmijewski

Industrial Archives & Library

Chair, and Governance Board member

On behalf of Nominating Committee members:

Dan Michelson, Smith College, Chair of User Advisory Council

Randy Kuehn, University of Louisville, Chair of Technical Advisory Council

Julia Tanenbaum, University of Wisconsin, representing very large membership level

Aaisha Haykal, College of Charleston, representing large membership level

Tiffany Cole, James Madison University, representing medium membership level

Corinne Chatnik, New York State Archives, representing small membership level

Sara Butterfass Schliep, Folger Shakespeare Library, representing very small membership level
Christine Di Bella (ArchivesSpace Program Manager), ex officio