[Archivesspace_tac] Webinar Announcement: An Introduction to ArchivesSpace v3.0 and the Expanded Agents Module

Jessica Crouch Jessica.Crouch at lyrasis.org
Wed Jan 6 11:14:39 EST 2021

Dear ArchivesSpace Users,

ArchivesSpace will be offering a webinar focusing on the upcoming ArchivesSpace v3.0 release and the expanded agent module functionality that is the exclusive focus of this update. While the required fields to create a valid agent record will remain minimal, the expanded agents functionality will allow for greater compliance with metadata standards used to describe persons, families, and corporate entities like MARCXML authority and EAC-CPF, facilitate better exchange with databases like LCNAF and SNAC and support better contextualization of agents by providing more ways to apply controlled access headings or information about the agent and their relationships.

When: January 13, 2020
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET (11:00 a.m. – 12:00pm PT)
Where: Zoom

Registration: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Esz2CPatRWmDlRNqMeWlIA

In order to provide a secure webinar experience and ensure adequate space in our Zoom environment, registration is now required for our webinars.  Our webinars continue to be free and open to anyone using or interested in ArchivesSpace.

This webinar will be recorded and made available on the ArchivesSpace YouTube channel.

Webinar description:
In this webinar, ArchivesSpace community members will provide background information and context on the necessity of the new agents functionality made available in ArchivesSpace v3.0.  They will also discuss the benefits of the expanded agents module and why an institution may want to implement the new fields and sub-records.

After, ArchivesSpace Program Manager, Christine Di Bella will provide a demo of the new agents module with a Q&A to follow.

Who should attend:
Anyone currently using or considering using the ArchivesSpace agents module, those looking to better integrate ArchivesSpace with SNAC and LCNAF and those looking to better comply with metadata standards used to describe agents.

Jessica Dowd Crouch
Community Engagement Coordinator for ArchivesSpace
jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>
[page1image482511520]