[Archivesspace_tac] release candidate available - ArchivesSpace v2.8.0-rc1

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Fri Jun 26 16:25:41 EDT 2020

Hello ArchivesSpace members,

The ArchivesSpace team is pleased to announce a release candidate, v2.8.0-rc1. You can download it at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v2.8.0-rc1 or test it out without downloading at http://test.archivesspace.org/staff  (username admin /password admin). We encourage you to download and try it out with your own local setup and/or data for the most accurate results.

This release candidate contains program-led and community pull requests that provide feature enhancements, bug fixes, infrastructure improvements, and documentation updates. Some items of note include the ability to merge top containers, new browse, search, and sort preferences in the staff interface, some improvements to search and display in the public interface, and additional display and faceting options in the background jobs area, as well as bug fixes and accessibility improvements. Fans of the popular Harvard import plugin will be pleased to see that incorporating its functionality into out-of-the-box ArchivesSpace is also part of this release, courtesy of our work with the plugin's original developer, Bobbi Fox.

Thanks to the many community members who made contributions to this release, including both individual archives staff and developers, as well as our Development Prioritization sub-team, Testing sub-team, and Core Committers Group.

Please try this release candidate out over the next few days and let us know at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> by July 8 if you notice any problems with the specific areas addressed in this release, or if anything that was working before no longer is. The results of testing will determine the specific timeframe for the release itself.

Please get in touch if you have any questions. Thanks as always for your feedback and support.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>