[Archivesspace_tac] Webinar Announcement: Integrating ArchivesSpace with Drupal and Islandora at University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries

Jessica Crouch Jessica.Crouch at lyrasis.org
Fri Jun 26 09:55:43 EDT 2020

Dear ArchivesSpace Users,
The next webinar in the Integrations with ArchivesSpace series will be Wednesday, July 15, at 2pm ET.  Each webinar in this series highlights an integration with another application used in archives that ArchivesSpace members have worked on or requested.
Our ninth webinar in this series will discuss integration with Drupal 8 and Islandora at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
When: July 15, 2020
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET (11:00 a.m. – noon PT)
Where: Zoom
Registration: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9yfEhfHqR5exk5YUazX1hA
In order to provide a secure webinar experience and ensure adequate space in our Zoom environment, registration is now required for our webinars.  Our webinars continue to be free and open to anyone using or interested in ArchivesSpace.
Webinar description:
This webinar will be recorded and made available on the ArchivesSpace YouTube channel.

Seth Shaw will present an ArchivesSpace integration with Drupal 8. Drupal is a popular Content Management System widely used for building websites and is the foundational component of the popular Islandora 8 repository software. The ArchivesSpace Drupal module (https://www.drupal.org/project/archivesspace) allows Drupal and Islandora-based websites to present archival descriptions harvested from the ArchivesSpace API. This integration allows special collections and archives to build a single integrated interface combining both archival description from ArchivesSpace and digital objects in an Islandora 8 repository. This webinar will demonstrate how the integration works and how it can be used with Islandora 8. It will also demonstrate how it is being used at the UNLV Special Collections and Archives in their forthcoming repository site.
Webinar Presenter:
Seth Shaw is an Application Developer for UNLV Libraries dedicated to Special Collections and Archives. Previously, he was the Electronic Records Archivist for Duke University and an Assistant Professor of Archival Studies at Clayton State University. He has been developing IT solutions for special collections and archives, off and on, since his days as an undergraduate student.
Who should attend:

Anyone interested in learning more about using ArchivesSpace with both Drupal and Islandora, integrating Drupal and ArchivesSpace or who has already developed an integration for working with Islandora and ArchivesSpace.
Questions?
Contact Jessica at jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org> if you have questions about this webinar or the Integrations with ArchivesSpace webinar series.

Jessica Dowd Crouch
Community Engagement Coordinator for ArchivesSpace
jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>
[page1image482511520]