[Archivesspace_tac] Notes from yesterday's open call tomorrow on how ArchivesSpace can amplify and support efforts around antiracism and inclusion

Jessica Crouch Jessica.Crouch at lyrasis.org
Thu Jun 25 14:31:23 EDT 2020

Dear ArchivesSpace Users,

Thank you to everyone who attended our open call yesterday discussing ways ArchivesSpace can support and amplify efforts around antiracism and inclusion, and how ArchivesSpace itself can be more inclusive.  We really appreciated the discussion and the many ideas that were offered. If you were unable to attend the call, notes from the call that include the ideas and the slides can be found at:  https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/1362296880/2020-6-24+Meeting+notes+-+Open+call+on+how+ArchivesSpace+can+amplify+and+support+efforts+around+antiracism+and+inclusion.

Some ideas that have emerged from these discussions might be relatively simple to implement, while others would require significant community discussion and collaboration, including involvement of the ArchivesSpace Governance Board. We will be circulating a survey soon to solicit comments on the ideas so far. This survey will not be intended as a way to vote or decide on any particular initiative but rather to generate more feedback from the community and help shape some paths forward.

Please reach out to us at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> at any time with comments or suggestions. We welcome your participation in any form. We look forward to continuing to come together to better support and amplify this very important work across our community.

Best,

Jessica Dowd Crouch
Community Engagement Coordinator for ArchivesSpace
jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>
[page1image482511520]