[Archivesspace_tac] ArchivesSpace v2.8.0 now available

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Thu Jul 16 15:52:22 EDT 2020

ArchivesSpace is announcing the availability of v2.8.0. You can download it at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v2.8.0.

This release contains program-led and community pull requests that provide feature enhancements, bug fixes, infrastructure improvements, and documentation updates. Some items of note include the ability to merge top containers, new browse, search, and sort preferences in the staff interface, some improvements to search and display in the public interface, additional display and faceting options in the background jobs area, bug fixes and accessibility improvements. Developers at Harvard University contributed several new features related to containers and locations from the specification they circulated in the community last year.

Fans of the popular Harvard import plugin will be pleased to see that its functionality is now included in ArchivesSpace, courtesy of our work with the plugin's original developer, Bobbi Fox. Please note that if you used the plugin previously you will need to disable it before starting up ArchivesSpace post-upgrade.

Thanks very much to community members Andrew Morrison, Austin Schaffer, Dave Mayo, David P. Steelman, Douglas Simon, Katie Amaral, Mark Custer, Mark Triggs, Matt Patterson, Michael Vandermillen, and Peter Heiner for their code contributions to this release. Program team members Lora Woodford and Mark Cooper wrote extensive code and supervised the work of the contractors we worked with us on this release: Bobbi Fox, Brian Zelip, Sarah Morrissey, and Manny Rodriguez. As always this release would not have been possible without the substantial efforts of our Development Prioritization sub-team, Testing sub-team, Technical Documentation sub-team, User Documentation sub-team, and Core Committers Group.

Information on upgrading to a new version of ArchivesSpace is available at https://archivesspace.github.io/tech-docs/administration/upgrading.html. Please let us know if you have any questions or need help upgrading. This is the last release where our primary technical documentation will live at https://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/. If you'd like to get a jump on things, please change your bookmarks to https://archivesspace.github.io/tech-docs/ for all updates going forward.

Lastly, I want to acknowledge that these are incredibly tough times for so many of us. Even more than usual, I've really appreciated all our team and community members have done to continue making ArchivesSpace better in the face of many challenges. Thanks for all your help and for letting us know how important the ArchivesSpace application and community have been to you in these times.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>