[Archivesspace_tac] Laney McGlohon news

Laurie Arp laurie.arp at lyrasis.org
Tue Feb 11 08:34:44 EST 2020

Dear ArchivesSpace Community,

It is with regret that we announce that Laney McGlohon will be leaving her position as ArchivesSpace Tech Lead to take a position with a startup in the financial district of San Francisco.  Her last day will be February 19. She will be deeply missed by her fellow team members and the ArchivesSpace community.

As the inaugural technical lead, Laney has been unflagging in her efforts over the last three years to build a strong infrastructure for our technical development and community engagement around development. She has shepherded over 20 releases and release candidates of ArchivesSpace since joining us in January 2017. She has reviewed and worked on thousands of pull requests, moving the ArchivesSpace application forward with each one. With her implementation of more standardized processes for code review, technical documentation, and security scanning, as part of a technical direction that helps us balance the immediate needs of the community with our long-term goals, she leaves our application in a better place than where it started.
Laney's understanding that people are the most important component in building an application is especially appreciated. She has grown our developer community by cultivating relationships with individual developers and contractors. She has created opportunities for community members to contribute and improve ArchivesSpace via the Core Committers and one-on-one onboarding and mentoring. She has made our technical community bigger and more diverse. We are very thankful for all of these accomplishments, but, in the end, it is her humor, her enthusiasm, and her dedication to always doing the right thing that we so appreciate and will miss the most.
LYRASIS, the Organizational Home for ArchivesSpace, will be working to fill this position so look for more information soon. In the meantime, other team and community members will be covering Laney's critical responsibilities. Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions.
We wish Laney well in her future endeavors and very much hope for opportunities for our paths to cross in the future as she continues out in the wider ArchivesSpace community.

Laurie Gemmill Arp
Interim Director, DuraSpace Community Supported Programs
laurie.arp at lyrasis.org<mailto:laurie.arp at lyrasis.org>
800.999.8558 x 2908
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D5E0B6.1B7DDA00]
Applications for the 2020 Catalyst Fund<https://www.lyrasis.org/Leadership/Pages/Catalyst-Fund.aspx> now open!  Application deadline is February 20, 2020.