[Archivesspace_tac] TAC Vice Chair
mhughes at huntington.org
Mon Sep 23 13:02:44 EDT 2019
Quick announcement that Trevor Thornton is our new TAC Vice Chair! [trumpet emoji] [balloons emoji] Thank you, Trevor - very excited to have you.
Looking forward to a really good year with all of you on TAC!
From: archivesspace_tac-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org <archivesspace_tac-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org> On Behalf Of Hughes, Maggie
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:10 AM
To: archivesspace_tac at lyralists.lyrasis.org
Subject: [Archivesspace_tac] TAC Vice Chair
Thanks for a great meeting yesterday. Following up with information on Vice Chair responsibilities.
* Term: New rotation for TAC leadership will mean serving a one year term as Vice Chair which is followed by one year as Chair, totaling two years. (Previously the Chair terms were two years long, which seemed a bit long, especially if you were serving as Vice Chair for a year or two on top of that.)
* Work load: The work load of Vice Chair itself doesn't add too much - it's mostly comprised of familiarizing yourself with the Chair duties to ensure a smooth transition in leadership at the end of the term. It might involve a couple of hours a month, depending on the month.
* Lead a few TAC meetings, probably 2-3 (less than half of the meetings in a year).
* Collaborate with TAC Chair to plan TAC meetings, make TAC-related decisions, help support sub-teams. This would happen over email and a couple of phone meetings.
* Attend periodic TAC/UAC Coordinating Committee<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/18087951/TAC+UAC+Coordinating+Committee> meetings. The Coordinating Committee serves to facilitate sharing of information across the Technical and User Advisory Councils, planning of joint council activities, and feedback from council members for the Governance Board.
* Maintain Awesome ArchivesSpace repo<https://github.com/archivesspace/awesome-archivesspace> by responding to pull requests and issues, and adding new resources at your discretion.
As Chair, you have primary responsibility for most of the above, as well as submitting quarterly reports to the ASpace Governance Board and setting up the sub-teams at the beginning of the new term. This is everything I think of at the moment - please chime in if I've forgotten anything and reach out if you have any questions!
PS - Following the S'mores Crunch ad from the 1980s, I found the Cereal Project<https://www.mrbreakfast.com/cereal_home.asp>: "an ongoing effort to document every breakfast cereal ever produced in the U.S. which has received a near-nationwide distribution."
Archival Processing Manager
The Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens
1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, CA 91108
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Archivesspace_tac