[Archivesspace_tac] New ArchivesSpace Community Engagement Coordinator: Jessica Crouch

Laurie Arp laurie.arp at lyrasis.org
Wed Mar 6 12:34:34 EST 2019

LYRASIS, the organizational home for ArchivesSpace, is pleased to announce that Jessica Dowd Crouch will be joining us as our Community Engagement Coordinator.
Jessica has been an archivist in the Irvin Department of Rare Books and Special Collections at the University of South Carolina (USC) since 2014, where she has been involved in all aspects of managing physical and digital collections and making them accessible, including providing outreach to donors and users. She has taken a leading role in the implementation of ArchivesSpace across the many varied repositories at the University, working closely with her colleagues to develop training, documentation, and opportunities for collaboration as well as working closely with the developers and system administrators who facilitate the technical side of their ArchivesSpace implementation. As a graduate student and early professional, she had previously been actively involved in USC's implementation of Archivists' Toolkit.
Jessica has presented and provided archival instruction to a wide variety of groups. She is professionally active in the Society of American Archivists and the Rare Books and the Manuscripts Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries. She received an MLIS from the University of South Carolina and has an undergraduate degree in history from Wofford College. Already deeply involved in the ArchivesSpace community, Jessica served on our Public User Interface Enhancement group in its design phase and is currently involved in our Online Forum working group.
As Community Engagement Coordinator, Jessica will be responsible for user support, training, outreach, and communications across the ArchivesSpace community and will work especially closely with the User Documentation and Testing sub-teams of our Advisory Councils. She will continue the great work already started in developing events and activities that further bring our community together, and also help us consider new areas for connection as our community continues to grow and mature.
Jessica's first day will be April 1, though her involvement in the Online Forum working group has her working closely with our community even before that. Jessica will continue to be based in South Carolina, but is sure to become an even more familiar member of our community as she gets more active in our online activities and represents ArchivesSpace at face-to-face conferences.
Please join us in welcoming Jessica to the ArchivesSpace team!

Laurie Gemmill Arp
Director, Collections Services & Community Supported Software
laurie.arp at lyrasis.org<mailto:laurie.arp at lyrasis.org>
800.999.8558 x 2908
laurie.gemmill1 Skype

[cid:D9C43C04-DF4E-467C-B0BC-358EF417F998]