[Archivesspace_tac] announcing the first ArchivesSpace Online Forum - March 18 beginning at 5:00 p.m. UTC

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue Jan 15 11:48:31 EST 2019

Please join your fellow ArchivesSpace users on March 18 beginning at 5:00 p.m. UTC* for our first ever Online Forum. Our first event to specifically aim to span the many timezones of our community, this 11-hour ArchivesSpace extravaganza will be divided into three blocks of 3 hours each, with a 1-hour break between each block. As with our in-person forums, our Online Forum will include a mix of opportunities to share and learn from each other about many different aspects of ArchivesSpace.
As our first online forum, this event will be an experiment and a chance for us to try out some different ways for our community to engage and interact. We anticipate recording many parts of the forum, but for it to be a success we will also need as many live participants as possible. We encourage you to dip in and out of the live program as you much as you can. You will no doubt "meet" a different set of colleagues each time.
We are now accepting both session proposals and ideas for topics via our online form at https://goo.gl/forms/olTRwsxOkGwkXJAs2. We highly encourage you to submit your proposals and ideas by February 18 so that we can get the program squared away as early as possible. Information about how to register for the event will be released closer to March.
A special thanks to our international working group, featuring ArchivesSpace users from Brooklyn to Bangalore. Feel free to reach out to any of us with ideas and questions: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/802127927/ASpace+Online+Forum+2019. We're looking forward to a great event, with your help!
Christine
* That means Honolulu 7 am | Los Angeles 10 am | Dallas noon | New York 1 pm | London 5 pm | Bangalore 10:30 pm | Auckland 6 am (following morning) - see https://goo.gl/sCKvA9 to find your local time
Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager