[Archivesspace_tac] archives-knowledgeable web design consultant suggestions?

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Mon Jan 22 13:00:20 EST 2018

Hello ArchivesSpace members,

Following on the Staff Interface Enhancement Group's recommendations, we are looking into contracting for a small consulting project to provide guidance on ways to optimize the accessibility, usability, and attractiveness of ArchivesSpace's staff interface. The group has done a tremendous job in analyzing and conveying what is wanted from a functionality and efficiency standpoint, which will provide a substantial leg up in thinking about how to best to improve the look and layout of the interface.

We have some web design firms in mind based on past work, but we'd love to hear from you if your library or archives has worked with someone and been really impressed with the process and the results. Given that this is a project focused on the staff interface, ideally we're looking for individuals or firms that already have some understanding of what an archives is, how if differs from a library, and what archivists do, but we're open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, and please do let me know if you have questions. As we're hoping for the project to start this winter, I'd love to hear from you by February 5 if you do have suggestions.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>