[Archivesspace_small_archives_users_group] 2nd quarter ArchivesSpace Board Meeting Report

Annie Benefiel benefiea at gvsu.edu
Mon Nov 14 14:03:44 EST 2022

Dear ArchivesSpace members,

As the chair of the ArchivesSpace Governance Board, I am writing to report on the group's 2nd Quarter meeting, which was held November 9, 2022.

We heard updates and discussed the following topics:

  *   An operations report which highlighted the staffing updates, well-attended community trainings, and increased in-person activities, including the 8th Annual Member Forum held in conjunction with SAA in Boston.
  *   The continued excellent work of TAC and UAC.  The councils have piloted meetings for sub-team leads and created a Council Information Pathways visualization to help document relationships between Council teams.
  *   Updates from our Organizational Home LYRASIS including equity work and noting that the new CEO John Wilkin<https://lyrasisnow.org/lyrasis-announces-john-wilkin-as-new-chief-executive-officer/> starts Dec 1.
  *   Financial reports, which show that the program's financial position continues to be strong
  *   Approving an update to the bylaws<https://archivesspace.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/ASpace-Bylaws-RevApproved-20221109.pdf> to add the UAC and TAC Vice Chairs to the Nominating Committee to help strengthen continuity and connection between the Vice Chairs and their incoming Council cohorts

As always, the Board welcomes your feedback. Feel free to reach out directly to me or to your elected representative.

Sincerely,
Annie Benefiel
Chair, ArchivesSpace Governance Board
University Archivist and Digital Collections Librarian
Grand Valley State University
Seidman House
Allendale, MI 49401
benefiea at gvsu.edu<mailto:%7B%20props.email%20%7D>