[Archivesspace_small_archives_users_group] ArchivesSpace Update - May 2022

Jessica Crouch Jessica.Crouch at lyrasis.org
Tue May 31 16:47:08 EDT 2022

   [cid:image001.jpg at 01D7E600.7FF2B540]

Upcoming Schedule at a Glance:

June 15-18: ArchivesSpace Community Engagement Coordinator, Jessica Crouch, attending the Association of Canadian Archivists<https://archivists.ca/Annual-Conferences> annual conference

June 28: Webinar: Using ArchivesSpace for Reparative Description (registration will be available soon)

June 30: ArchivesSpace Member Match<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/2198568994/ArchivesSpace+Member+Match+Program> applicants notified of matches

Development

We are gathering up and testing development work in anticipation of the next release. New development is always up on our test server at https://test.archivesspace.org/staff/. We'll have information in June to share about the timing for the release.

Membership Renewals

ArchivesSpace is developed by and for the community that uses it, and strengthened by services and activities that support our community and connect us to one another. As we close another membership year, we want to give a special thanks to all of the institutions that have joined us as members. ArchivesSpace membership is our primary source of revenue and informs and sustains every aspect of the program, including software development, support and engagement. Thanks for all that your support makes possible.

ArchivesSpace membership renewals for 2022-2023 have been sent to all current members. If you have any questions, or if you would like to join as a new member for the 2022-2023 membership year, please let us know at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org>. We look forward to another year working together.

Save the Date: Webinar-Using ArchivesSpace for Reparative Description

The next ArchivesSpace webinar will be a 90-minute learning opportunity on June 28th at 2:00pm ET/11:00am PT.  Members of the ArchivesSpace user community will highlight reparative description work they are undertaking at their own institutions using ArchivesSpace.  A discussion will follow. Registration for this webinar will become available in the coming days.

Save The Date: ArchivesSpace 8th Annual Member Forum

Our 8th annual ArchivesSpace Member Forum will be a hybrid event held in conjunction with the Society of American Archivists<https://www2.archivists.org/am2022> annual meeting.  An in-person half-day meeting will be held Wednesday, August 24, 2022 from 9:00am-12:30pm ET in Boston.  This event will not be livestreamed, however, we will be offering virtual workshops the week of August 29.  As with all ArchivesSpace member forums, this in-person event and the virtual workshops to follow will be available to ArchivesSpace members only and registration information will be made available closer to the event.

Webinar Recording Available: Using ArchivesSpace to Create EAC-CPF Records

Thank you to everyone who attended our 90-minute webinar on creating valid EAC-CPF records in ArchivesSpace on May 24th.  The recording of this webinar is now available at https://archivesspace.org/archives/7243.

Membership Update

We are excited to welcome our newest members to our community! Our new members since April 30 include:

  *   Dodge City Public Library (Dodge City, KS)
  *   Ferris State University (Big Rapids, MI)
  *   Sisters of the Presentation (San Francisco, CA)
  *   Texas Christian University (Fort Worth, TX)

As of May 31, we have 471 General members, 22 Educational Program members, and 3 Registered Service Providers. If you are interested in your institution becoming a member of ArchivesSpace, please email us at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> for more information.

ArchivesSpace monthly updates provide news about ArchivesSpace community and program activities and are sent to our member listservs, the ArchivesSpace Google Group, and SAA’s Collection Management Section listserv, as well as being posted on the ArchivesSpace website. Please feel free to share this update with people you know who have an interest in ArchivesSpace but may not be on one of these lists.

Jessica Dowd Crouch
Community Engagement Coordinator for ArchivesSpace
jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>
[page1image482511520]