[Archivesspace_small_archives_users_group] Announcing new ArchivesSpace Community-wide Training Program

Jessica Crouch Jessica.Crouch at lyrasis.org
Tue Jul 5 11:31:38 EDT 2022

Dear ArchivesSpace users,

Having learned a number of lessons from our year-long pilot<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/2331148319/ArchivesSpace+Community-Wide+Virtual+Training>, ArchivesSpace will be offering the first training in our new community-wide training program on July 21, 2022, from 1pm-4pm ET/10am-1pm PT.  These new offerings will be standalone, single session trainings focused on individual modules of the ArchivesSpace application.

Based on the feedback from attendees from our year-long pilot, we will be implementing the following:

  *   Class size will be capped at 50 participants.
  *   Each attendee will be provided a workbook and example exercise data to continue learning after the training.
  *   Training will be offered for a fee of $50/training for ArchivesSpace members and $150/training for non-members.
  *   Training will be recorded.  Attendees will have access to the recording immediately following the training.  Others will be able to access the recording from our YouTube channel at a later date.

The first training will be on creating and editing resource records in the ArchivesSpace application.  This training will be offered July 21, 2022, from 1pm-4pm ET/11am-1pm PT.

At the end of this session, participants will:

  *   Know how to create, edit and delete resource records and their component records in ArchivesSpace
  *   Understand how to create sub-records
  *   Gain knowledge of how to spawn, merge, suppress, and link resource records to other record types in ArchivesSpace
  *   Become familiar with import and export options for resource records in ArchivesSpace
  *   Better understand how to modify user preferences, apply default values to resource records and other time saving tips

This training assumes a basic understanding of archival workflows and experience navigating the staff user interface.  If you plan to attend this workshop without the required background, we encourage you to review the recorded ArchivesSpace basics training<https://archivesspace.org/using-archivesspace/getting-started> available on our Getting Started webpage.

If you are interested in attending this training, you can register at https://www.lyrasis.org/ASpaceEvent.

These virtual trainings will be open to anyone using or interested in ArchivesSpace.  If you qualify for the member discount, you will need to reach out to ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> to receive a member promo code before registering.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our training pilot last year and submitted valuable feedback.  We are especially grateful to the members of the ArchivesSpace Trainers Corps for leading this pilot.

If you have any questions, please email ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org>.

Jessica Dowd Crouch
Community Engagement Coordinator for ArchivesSpace
jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>