[Archivesspace_small_archives_users_group] ArchivesSpace Hacktoberfest 2021

Jessica Crouch Jessica.Crouch at lyrasis.org
Fri Oct 1 09:20:03 EDT 2021

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7B6A5.83AD7100]

Dear ArchivesSpace Users,

This October, ArchivesSpace will again be participating in Hacktoberfest<https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/>, a month-long celebration of open source software run by DigitalOcean. Hacktoberfest is open to anyone who contributes pull requests to participating open source repositories on GitHub or GitLab.

Whether you’re new to ArchivesSpace development or a long-time contributor, we encourage you to get involved. No specific background or skill level is required to get started, and all community contributions are welcome and appreciated. To learn more about submitting a pull request for ArchivesSpace specifically, visit our wiki.<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/39682053/Submitting+a+Pull+Request>

To qualify for the official Hacktoberfest competition, you must register and make four pull requests between October 1-31. Pull requests can be made to any public repository on GitHub or GitLab, including ArchivesSpace<https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace>.  Any qualifying pull request submitted to the ArchivesSpace GitHub<https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace> between October 1 and October 31 will get a Hacktoberfest label.  To learn more about qualifying pull requests and how to notify Hacktoberfest of your pull requests, visit the official Hacktoberfest website<https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/resources/participation?mkt_tok=MTEzLURUTi0yNjYAAAF_stdPSUyGyqC_Ktqan1P6gMCRfs3fp2MIyRayBcOd9VbatAOkVC01RVZQ9hhscJSZzb-JvkQNE-_xCjMcnRGFL9g1yEeCP5w5WECTB_2B>.

In addition to the official Hacktoberfest swag options, ArchivesSpace will acknowledge all submitters, regardless of number of pull requests, in our October monthly update. The community member who submits the most pull requests in the month of October will receive an ArchivesSpace swag bag!  Last year’s winner of the coveted ArchivesSpace swag bag was Joshua Shaw from Dartmouth College.

We hope you will join us in this celebration of the open source community. Please email us at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> if you have questions or want to know more about contributing code to the ArchivesSpace GitHub<https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace>. To learn more about Hacktoberfest, visit their official website<https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/>.

Jessica Dowd Crouch
Community Engagement Coordinator for ArchivesSpace
jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>
[page1image482511520]