[Archivesspace_small_archives_users_group] [EXTERNAL] Introducing myself

Jessica Steytler jasteytler at minlib.net
Wed Aug 11 16:19:49 EDT 2021

Yay! This feels so cozy!
I'm happy to meet everyone so far and suddenly have a lot I want to talk
about.

Vic-- I haven't touched rapid data entry since my previous job and it
didn't have barcodes at all (but we do here!)  It seems pretty rudimentary,
but cut and paste from a spreadsheet?  But no-- you want to batch that.
https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/search?text=batch%20upload  -I did
a small search on the ASpace wiki for batch upload... don't know if that
helps.

Susan--
I think I emailed you off listserv a few times. You showed us in links how
to display a very tidy click for a PDF vs. the less preferred "digital
object" - can you talk more about what you were hoping to do and what you
were hoping to avoid?

Susan, are you importing content from Sierra (or your ILS if not Sierra?)

We have a significant number of items that live on Digital Commonwealth
that I want to populate in our ASpace instance I have done a few test runs,
so let me show you. I definitely need to watch more tutorials because I
feel like I'm not optimizing well. Critique and pointers to "this tutorial
tells you how to do that" or similar, very welcome.
Example: Here's a list of our resources
<https://brookline.libraryhost.com/repositories/resources> in the public
interface.
"Decoration Day" in ASpace
<https://brookline.libraryhost.com/repositories/2/resources/5>.
"Decoration Day" in Digital Commonwealth
<https://www.digitalcommonwealth.org/search/commonwealth:r781xd11v>.
Not loving how buried the link to the digital object is. I think I don't
know how to Digital Object yet. ;)

Thanks all-
Jess