[Archivesspace_small_archives_users_group] Introducing myself

Jessica Steytler jasteytler at minlib.net
Wed Aug 11 10:51:45 EDT 2021

Hi small institutions!
I'm Jess
[image: image.png]
I am an archivist who's mostly doing reference library work in a public
setting, and the "lone arranger" of my department, but with at least some
assistance. I get to be the project manager for implementing ArchivesSpace.
We are going from the library's book-centric ILS/catalog, and whatever word
documents or excel sheets or possibly access databases I can find that hold
archive inventories/finding aids.

I have experience using ArchivesSpace from previous jobs, and even helped
implement, but key word in this is "helped"- not run.

I'm grateful for the pairing program that ASpace does (Hi, Kate!) but I
want to take a more active role, and all the conversations I've seen I
don't really understand yet because I'm so close to the beginning. I wanted
to say hi and see who else was in this space.

I am working on formulating my question to the greater group but right now
I am mostly in the stare blankly at the wall of things I'm supposed to know
how to do that I don't know how to do. Would love to hear from more folks
here in listserv land who need to work up the courage to ask questions.

Best wishes, warmest regards-

--
Jessica Steytler  (she/her)
Reference - Special Collections