[Archivesspace_small_archives_users_group] ArchivesSpace in this challenging time

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue Mar 17 09:03:51 EDT 2020

Dear ArchivesSpace community,

It's an understatement to say that we are living and working through times that many of us never expected. We hope that everyone is safe and urge everyone to do whatever they need to keep themselves and their loved ones safe and healthy.

That said, we recognize that continuing to help the communities we each serve can be a balm when so much around us is different. If you'd like ArchivesSpace to factor into your plans in the coming weeks, here are some ideas for how ArchivesSpace can help you and you can help ArchivesSpace and each other.

(Please note that we're going to make every attempt to keep things rolling along, but keep in mind that the ArchivesSpace team is also adjusting to these new realities and changes in our personal and professional circumstances. Your patience and understanding with us and with each other is much appreciated.)

Brush up on your ArchivesSpace

  *   Catch up on training videos in the new Help Center (https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/917045261/ArchivesSpace+Help+Center)
  *   Work through areas of the User Manual that are less familiar to you
  *   Catch up on webinars you missed (https://archivesspace.org/using-archivesspace/webinars)
  *   Catch up on videos in our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxR6D-UlSx6N6UWTeqHTjzA)
  *   Work on a data cleanup or data migration project (please reach out to the listservs or us at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> if you need support to get started or get stuck along the way)

Get involved in the ArchivesSpace community

  *   Submit a proposal for the Online Forum (https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/966688804/ArchivesSpace+Online+Forum+2020)
  *   Write a blog post about how you use ArchivesSpace, past, present or future - contact Jessica (jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>) if you'd like to submit it for the ArchivesSpace blog.
  *   Record a screencast on a range of topics needed by the ArchivesSpace community (https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/1126465545/Creating+a+User+Tutorial+Screencast)
  *   NEW: Take a Break with ArchivesSpace - beginning this Friday, March 20th, we will be hosting casual open calls via zoom at 12pm ET each Friday while many of us work from home. Use this as a time to get help or talk about ArchivesSpace (or anything else) with colleagues in an informal setting. (more details coming soon)

Help improve ArchivesSpace

  *   Test and give us feedback on some new features using our test servers (username: admin, password: admin). These are works in progress and we'll send more information about each of these features in the coming weeks.
     *   Custom reports: http://reports.lyrtech.org/staff/ - email us or leave a comment on https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-761
     *   Bulk import: http://bulkimport.lyrtech.org/staff/ - email us or leave a comment on https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-386
     *   Expansion of agents module: http://aspace-anw-429.lyrtech.org/staff/ - email us or leave a comment on https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-429
  *   Suggest improvements to the User Manual
  *   Suggest improvements to the technical documentation (http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/)
  *   Add to the Awesome ArchivesSpace list (https://github.com/archivesspace/awesome-archivesspace)
  *   Translate the labels in the ArchivesSpace interfaces into a different language (ask us how!)
  *   Assign yourself a Ready for Community Developer JIRA (https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=status%20%3D%20%22Ready%20for%20Community%20Developer%22%20and%20assignee%20is%20EMPTY). Learn more about this status from the 2019 Annual Member Forum presentation by Lydia Tang and Maggie Hughes at https://youtu.be/qK84vgmS66I
  *   Submit a pull request with completed code. Learn more about the process at https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/39682053/Submitting+a+Pull+Request.
  *   Turn a plugin you created into core code. Learn more at https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/916062227/Making+a+Plug-In+part+of+the+Core+Code.

Please reach out to the ArchivesSpace team at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> for any help you need to get involved in any of these activities, and let us know if you have other ideas. We're here for you and are really thankful for how those of us in our community are here for each other.

All best,

The ArchivesSpace Team (Christine, Jessica, Lora, Laurie, Alicia)

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>
800.999.8558 x2905