[Archivesspace_small_archives_users_group] Call for speakers - ArchivesSpace 6th Annual Member Forum

Jessica Crouch Jessica.Crouch at lyrasis.org
Wed Jun 17 12:41:27 EDT 2020

Dear ArchivesSpace Members,

ArchivesSpace will be holding its sixth Annual Member Forum virtually on August 3-7, 2020, from 12pm-3pm ET each day via Zoom.  Just as in previous years, this free event is a chance for ArchivesSpace members to come together to highlight the work they are doing in ArchivesSpace, show off new plugins or tools they’ve developed, and attend workshops and trainings on a variety of topics. As with our previous Annual Member Forums, it is being held in conjunction with the Society of American Archivists annual meeting, but it is not part of SAA and does not require registration for the SAA Annual Meeting.

Presentations and breakout discussions will be held on August 3-4, 2020, and all individuals from ArchivesSpace member institutions are welcome to attend some or all of the sessions on these days.  Small workshops covering specific elements of the ArchivesSpace application will be offered August 5-7, 2020.  These workshops will be limited to 25 participants per workshop.

The event wiki and registrations will be made available soon, but for now we are looking for presenters and discussion leaders for August 3-4, 2020. Anything related to ArchivesSpace is fair game. We are specifically interested in presentations or topics related to managing others using ArchivesSpace, how you or your institution have adapted your use of ArchivesSpace during COVID-19, and any plugin or tool you’ve developed that you’d like to show off.

There is a short Google form for proposals available at https://forms.gle/DsZNqe2cANy5mS4S7. Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The last day that proposals will be accepted is July 15, 2020, and all notifications will be made by July 22, 2020.

If you have any questions or other suggestions at this point, please feel free to email Jessica at jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>.

We look forward to “seeing” you soon!
Jessica Dowd Crouch
Community Engagement Coordinator for ArchivesSpace
jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>
[page1image482511520]