[Archivesspace_member_match] Discussion topic

Sharp, Jennifer jsharp at hplct.org
Tue Jul 26 10:37:50 EDT 2022

Hello all,

I am very excited to be paired with another public library archivist this year. We haven’t had a chance to talk yet, but I’ve already found a connection between our two libraries. I scanned the attached years ago, and off and on have contemplated doing something with it on social media. Caroline Hewins was the first librarian of Hartford Public Library (she actually began as the librarian for the Young Men’s Institute, which morphed into HPL). In 1896 she filled out this survey for The Public Library of Brookline. I don’t know if this was the original, and she never sent it back, or if she kept a copy for her records. Regardless, I like to think of this year’s Member Match as renewing a connection that dates to 1896. 😊

Jennifer

---
Jennifer Sharp, MSI
Archivist, Hartford History Center