[Archivesspace_api_doc_adhoc] Next steps

Mayo, Dave dave_mayo at harvard.edu
Fri Dec 13 14:33:28 EST 2019

Hi all,

Sorry it’s been radio silence from me for a while – I wanted to get in touch before our various holiday breaks and whatnot, with a discussion of what next steps will look like.  I’m thinking these should happen sometime soon after the new year, ideally.

Our next steps should be some kind of triage (i.e. selecting which endpoints need documenting most) and then distributing the work. I’d like to come to an agreement as a group on how to proceed with each of these steps; I’m going to outline a couple ways I could see it working up front so we have something to bat around.

Triage/figuring out which routes need attention:

- we could just individually bump priority on routes we know are bad, clear those, and then do another round of triage (maybe with more investigation ala option 2 below) then.
- we could divide the routes evenly? by capacity? and have each person check N routes and mark which ones need attention
- Or something in the middle, like categorize the routes somehow and investigate specific categories?

Personally, I’m having a hard time saying what’s right here, and that’s making me feel like doing 1 just to have some concrete progress on the table isn’t the worst idea - and maybe exposure to more routes while fixing it will give some ideas for how to improve triage methods?

Then, splitting the work:

I think due to differing capacity and volunteer nature, this has to be pretty driven by individuals - I think “grab routes with high priority and work on them” is more or less a given.  I think we might want to specify some low-effort check-in/check-out guidelines, i.e. maybe whether a person should only assign themselves a route right before they get to work on it, or if grabbing a bunch that you have in mind is better, and so on.  People with more PM experience than I in this group, so PLEASE chime in here ☺

--
Dave Mayo (he/him)
Senior Digital Library Software Engineer