[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Unpublished records and OAI

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at virginia.edu
Thu Aug 5 12:38:57 EDT 2021

I’ve definitely seen deletions logged in my EAD OAI harvests, however, I haven’t tried to trace what actions are connected with those deletions or how it handles unpublishing portions or archival objects.
I would suppose that it should update the EAD on the next harvest dropping the unpublished content, and a deletion only occurs when the top level resource is unpublished, but I can’t confirm that is does what I assume it should.
( I would have to set up some test instances, as for most of the sites I’m harvesting from, I can’t view resources in the staff interface to check against the OAI harvest. )

— Steve.