[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Request for comments: draft specification for human-readable URLs in ASpace PUI

Celia Caust-Ellenbogen ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu
Wed Feb 28 08:57:01 EST 2018

Hello ASpacers,

Please review and comment on this DRAFT specification for creating logical
and customizable title or identifier-based URLs in the ArchivesSpace PUI:
https://goo.gl/jjmtLF.

This feature is important to me because it will improve the user
experience, improve SEO, and foster continuity with our previous (and
subsequent) finding aid systems.

If this feature is important to you, please vote for the ticket (JIRA
ticket ANW-617 <https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-617>) if you
haven't already done so. This will help demonstrate community interest when
it comes time to prioritize tickets.

The specification was drafted by Cory Nimer (Brigham Young University) and
myself, with input from Lydia Tang (Michigan State University) and Mark
Custer (Yale).

Your input is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
Celia and Cory

--
Celia Caust-Ellenbogen
Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu
she/her/hers