[Archivesspace_Users_Group] MARCXML export archival objects

Dean DeBolt ddebolt at uwf.edu
Fri Aug 4 16:57:01 EDT 2017

Because our library uses EBSCO OneSearch as its main entry box on the
library website, many users look for our archival materials without going
to the tab for strictly the library catalog (which has some of our
collection descriptions as entries) or going to the University Archives tab
where they can access Archon.   Once ArchivesSpace is up and running, we
may have the same issue.

We talked with EBSCO about how to get OneSearch to find archival holdings
and their answer was that if archival data can be exported as MARCXML, they
could include our data within OneSearch.   That would expand the ability of
our university students and faculty, and the community to locate and use
our archives collections.  AS has this ability but as Christina said, it
needs to be developed.

Dean

Dean DeBolt, University Librarian (Professor)/University Archivist
UWF Archives and West Florida History Center
University of West Florida Library
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
ddebolt at uwf.edu;   850-474-2213

West Florida History Center is the largest and most comprehensive
history collection about Pensacola and the West Florida region.
http://libguides.uwf.edu/universityarchives

Digital collections can be found at:  http://archives.uwf.edu/Archon/
<http://143.88.66.76/Archon/>