[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Certainty in date subrecord reverts to default

Angela Kroeger akroeger at unomaha.edu
Tue Feb 16 11:22:45 EST 2016

I am no longer able to change the certainty of the date in the date subrecord.

We have "approximate" set as the default certainty for our date subrecords. When a date is certain, I change that to blank in the drop box. It has worked fine in all types of records until this morning. As of today, when I try to change that "approximate" to blank, it reverts to "approximate" after I save the record.

With an archival object record, it changes back to "approximate" immediately after I save the record.

With resource records and digital object records, it appears to save my changes, but if I refresh the screen or otherwise exit and return to the record, then it's "approximate" again.

Worse, in some records that I had previously saved the certainty as blank (verified by it being blank on an old printout), the certainty has changed to "approximate" apparently with no one editing the record to be that way.

I wondered if it were just something with my login or my browser, but I had someone else try to edit the same record on a different computer under a different user login, and she had the same thing happen.

Anyone else experiencing this?

We are on ArchivesSpace 1.4.2.

Angela Kroeger
akroeger at unomaha.edu<mailto:akroeger at unomaha.edu>
Archives and Special Collections Associate
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
University of Nebraska at Omaha