[Archivesspace_Users_Group] PDF export from ASpace?

Cyndi.Shein at unlv.edu Cyndi.Shein at unlv.edu
Fri Mar 28 12:32:10 EDT 2014

Hi All,

We're in the process of implementing ArchivesSpace.  We've installed a
local instance.  We'd like to begin managing accessions and resources in
ArchivesSpace ASAP, but are not planning to go public with the web
interface until we have the database largely populated.  Meanwhile, we need
a way to get a human-readable finding aid (preferably PDF) out of the
database during the transition between now and when we go public.

I looked through the ArchivesSpace members' documentation. I can't seem to
figure out how to export a pdf of an accession or resource record.  If the
option is there and I'm just not seeing it, would somebody point me in the
right direction?  I noticed the Google Group discussion last May indicated
that the developers were looking for someone to create a style sheet to
transform ArchivesSpace's exported EAD into a PDF. Is that style sheet
available to members yet?

Many thanks,

Cyndi Shein
Head, Special Collections Technical Services
University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
cyndi.shein at unlv.edu             (702) 895-2223