[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Can't delete guide under mysql: foreign key constraint.

Steven Majewski sdm7g at virginia.edu
Mon Mar 10 16:55:00 EDT 2014

With ArchivesSpace 1.0.7.1 using mysql, I Imported an EAD guide and then tried to delete it.

If I try to delete the collection from the View of Edit page, I get:

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

If I try to delete my checking it in the browse page and clicking delete, I get:

Unable to delete records:
["{\"error\":\"Record deletion failed: Java::ComMysqlJdbcExceptionsJdbc4::MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (`archivesspace/archival_object`, CONSTRAINT `archival_object_ibfk_5` FOREIGN KEY (`parent_id`) REFERENCES `archival_object` (`id`))\"}\n"] [/repositories/2/resources/3719]

I was finally able to delete the collection only after individually deleting all of it’s components.

I tried with another install of 1.0.7.1 on my laptop, using the development db instead of mysql.
I imported EAD and then deleted the top level collection with no problem.
Then I reconfigured it to use mysql, and I get the same errors as above.

— Steve Majewski